The Seven Sevens
I’m it, I’ve been tagged by Deeanne Gist, and it’s my turn to play.
Seven things to do before I die
1. Drive the entire coast of California, stopping wherever and whenever I please.
2. Learn how to ride a motorcycle. The real kind, not just a little-bitty dirt bike.
3. Organize about ten thousand photos for my kids.
4. Visit England, Scotland, and Ireland.
5. See all my kids happily married.
6. Read books to the grandkids who don’t exist yet.
7. Write a novel that says exactly what I want it to say.
Seven things I cannot do
2. Write words on unlined paper without letting them drift south.
3. Get interested in the stock market.
5. Sign my name prettily.
6. Back up a large pickup truck with any accuracy.
7. Stop drinking coffee.
Seven things that attract me to my husband
1. His kind heart.
2. His dark, mysterious eyes.
3. The fact that I can trust him completely.
4. His crazy streak, as in “I bought a bike on eBay and I’m off to Wisconsin….”
5. The way he turns a blind eye to how much money on I spend on writing-related expenses.
6. His patience.
7. His love for the Lord.
Seven things I say most often
1. Oh, crap.
2. Oh, shoot.
4. You guys.
7. Um, I didn’t start anything for dinner….
Seven books (or series) I love
1. To Kill a Mockingbird
2. Busman’s Honeymoon
3. Peace Like a River
4. My Family and Other Animals
5. On Writing (King)
6. Bridget Jones’ Diary
7. Ragamuffin Gospel
Seven movies I would watch over and over again
1. Sabrina (the original)
2. Green Card
3. Strange Brew (okay, maybe not over and over, but once every few years)
4. While You Were Sleeping, if only for the paperboy on the bike
5. To Kill a Mockingbird
6. Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, esp. for the wheelchair-down-the-steps scene
7. Pirates of the Caribbean, just to watch Johnny Depp walk/swagger/stagger
Seven people I want to join in too
1. Sally Apokedak
2. Suzan Robertson
3. Sherrie Lord
4. J. Mark Bertrand, not that I know him, exactly, but I admire his brain and love his blogs and I would be honored if he would join the fun.
5. My daughter Cindy, who doesn’t have a blog but has an interesting mind and could use the comments section.
6. My friend Michelle T., ditto.
7. My mother, who doesn’t own a computer and doesn’t know what a blog is, but boy, wouldn’t I love to see her answers.
If you like this post, please share it.