Six weird things.
My friend Deeanne Gist tagged me today to play “Six Weird Things About Me.”
Oh, boy. Like I needed to be reminded. Ha!
1. I don’t do numbers. My brain simply refuses to process them. Ask me what year my car is, and I can’t tell you. Ask me how old I am, and I have to stop and do the math. (This is 2007, and I was born in, um . . . ?) And, after 27 years of marriage (or is it 26?) I still don’t have my husband’s Social Security number memorized.
2. I cannot abide the taste of almond extract. The nuts themselves are okay, but I can’t handle marzipan or almond-flavored anything. I don’t even like the scent of Jergens hand lotion because it’s almond-scented, or at least it used to be. I don’t buy it, so I can’t be sure.
3. I once made a near-sighted roommate freak out by floating a life-sized picture of a guy’s face in the toilet bowl. I guess she thought he’d come up out of the sewer to say good morning. Where did I get the idea? I have no clue.
4. I have a hard time climbing onto my husband’s motorcycle from the right side. I have to climb on from the left. I could make up a name for that. Bodily asymmetrical coordination dysfunction or something like that.
5. Back in 1979, I went to bed and slept through a hurricane. Deliberately. Because somebody had to be wide awake in the morning, right?
6. A friend and I once got a behind-the-scenes look at the Jungle Boat ride at Disney World by walking through a gate that said “Employees Only.” (Or whatever they call employees there.) We stood there in the “jungle” and waved at the tourists going by. Some of them waved back. The guides didn’t notice us, and none of the tourists turned us in.
7. Wait. I only had to do six, right? Or am I scrambling my numbers again?
If you like this post, please share it.