It’s blog love-fest time
Hillary McFarland of Quivering Daughters just let me know she included me on her list of links for The Versatile Blogger award. Thanks, Hillary! I’m honored to be on your list.
For those of you who don’t know Hillary, she’s a gifted writer who has written with courage and compassion about spiritual abuse. She has become one of my treasured online friends, and I hope to meet her in person someday.
Okay, the rules for this lovefest:
1. Thank and link back to the person who gave you the award.
2. Share seven things about yourself.
3. Pass on the award to up to fifteen deserving bloggers.
4. Contact the bloggers you chose for the award.
Here goes. Seven things about myself. I hate this part.
1. I’m prone to ruining almost any recipe, even the ones that are supposed to be foolproof. This may be related to my aversion to math. (Measurements involve math.)
2. I have a weakness for kids’ books. My bookshelves might hold more kids’ books than anything else, but I’m not about to start counting. (See? That math thing again.)
3. One of my favorite pastimes is to climb onto the back of my husband’s motorcycle and go for a long ride. It’s relaxing. It doesn’t involve math.
4. No more motorcycle rides until my broken shoulder mends. No more volleyball, either.
5. I’m not a Lutheran anymore but I still love my childhood copy of Luther’s Small Catechism. It’s solemn and reverent toward the Almighty, conveying a sense of awe even in the question-and-answer format of a catechism.
6. I am extremely hard on laptop cords. I should buy them in bulk.
7. Oh, darn. I thought I was done already, but that was only six? Yes, I have a problem with the simplest concepts that relate to numbers.
Moving right along. Here’s my list of Versatile Bloggers. I’m only naming three because one-handed typing makes me economical with my words. (To the people whose blogs I name: Don’t feel obligated to participate. The last thing I want to do is inflict some kind of chain-letter horror on you. )
Brandywine Books - Talk about versatile bloggers! You never know what Lars Walker and Phil Wade will provide: a book or movie review, a music clip, a scrap of poetry, commentary on current events, corny jokes, references to Viking cuisine…. I love it.
My daughter Cindy Chen - Wife, mom, thinker, blogger, and good cook. I want to be like her when I grow up. Her father and I often wonder how ordinary parents can be blessed with such extraordinary kids. Must be by the grace of God.
Sherrie Lord posts her thoughts at Not a Poser. She’s a novelist, a biker, a Christian, and a dear friend. Her series on “How Motorcycles Changed My Life” is a lot of fun and a good introduction to Sherrie and her writing.
That’s all for now. Happy reading.
If you like this post, please share it.